STAMFORD, CT - The City of Stamford today announced that this year’s Independence Day fireworks display has been postponed due to the threat of inclement weather. The show will now take place on Saturday, July 5.
The postponement will not affect any other details of the event. The event is planned to begin at 6:00 PM at Cummings Park, with the fireworks display beginning after sundown. The event is free of charge.
NEW SHOW INFORMATION
Saturday, July 5, 2014
6:00 p.m. entertainment begins
9:00 p.m. fireworks display
• No parking either side of Shippan Ave. from Wallace St. to the Magee Ave. intersection as of 3 P.M.
• No parking on the left side of Iroquois, Wampanaw & Rippowam Rd. as of 3 P.M.
• No parking on the south side of Myrtle Ave. from the intersection with Elm St. to #162 Myrtle as of 3 P.M.
• At 8 P.M. the intersection of Shippan/Magee will be closed to southbound traffic. Resident only access at that time. At 8:30 P.M. Magee Ave. will be closed to traffic.
• At 9 P.M. ,Shippan Ave. from Wallace St. north will become one way northbound only (2 lanes). Magee Ave. will be one way northbound only (2 lanes).
After the Show
• Traffic exiting Shippan Point will be directed north onto Magee Ave. and west onto Jefferson (Urban Transitway) for access to Canal St., Atlantic St. Washington Blvd., I-95.
• Traffic exiting Cummings Park via Shippan Ave. will be directed north onto Shippan Ave to access Elm St., Myrtle Ave, I-95, E. Main St.
• Traffic exiting Cummings Park via Soundview Ave. will utilize Soundview Ave or Willowbrook Ave to Cove Rd.
• Foot traffic at Cummings Park will be released first, followed by vehicles.