STAMFORD, CT – The City of Stamford advised of the upcoming changes in the hours and swim areas at City of Stamford pools and beaches. Beaches will remain open for residents, but the City will be adjusting hours and restrictions during the final weeks of the season due to the availability of lifeguards.
Dorothy Heroy Pool
· Will be closed for the season on August 10th.
City of Stamford Beaches
· Quigley Beach (Horseshoe) will have “No Lifeguards on Duty” starting August 10th.
· Starting August 11th, Cove (East) Beach, Cummings Beach, and West Beach will utilize a reduced swim area.
· Reduced swim areas will be marked with red “Swim Area” flags. Lifeguards will direct swimmers and those utilizing the water for play, to remain within the marked areas.
· Lifeguards will be on duty at reduced swim area beaches from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· The City of Stamford asks that all beachgoers adhere to the lifeguards’ requests during these dates/times.
· All City of Stamford lifeguards will be off duty for the season starting September 1st.
The City of Stamford wants residents to enjoy swimming throughout the entire summer season. Lifeguards are critical to ensuring the safety of the City’s pool and beaches and the City is always looking for certified lifeguards. Individuals are encouraged to apply and learn more online at: http://www.stamfordrecreation.com.