On September 15, 2013, at 12:01 AM, Connecticut’s Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) will launch the second phase of the new “Instant Award” method for issuing lottery permits to hunt deer on certain state properties and controlled hunt areas.
A total of 534 unsold deer lottery permits for 12 different hunt periods (“A” or “B” season) and areas will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis through the on-line Sportsman’s Licensing System (www.ct.gov/deep/sportsmenlicensing) or at the following DEEP locations (Mondays through Fridays, during regular office hours):
· DEEP License and Revenue – 79 Elm St., Hartford (9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.)
· DEEP Bookstore – 79 Elm St., Hartford (9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.)
· Franklin Wildlife Management Area – 391 Route 32, North Franklin (8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.)
· Sessions Woods Wildlife Management Area – 341 Milford St. (Route 69), Burlington (8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.)
· Eastern District HQ – 209 Hebron Rd. (Route 66), Marlborough (8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.)
· Marine HQ – 333 Ferry Rd., Old Lyme (8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.)
· Western District HQ – 230 Plymouth Rd, Harwinton (8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.)
Permits are only available to those hunters who have not already purchased a State Land Lottery or State Land No-Lottery permit for the 2013 season. The unsold deer lottery permits will be available until the established quota is reached for each hunting area. More detailed information about the lottery system and instructions for applying are on the DEEP website at www.ct.gov/deep/DeerLottery.