STAMFORD, CT – Mayor David Martin, joined by City officials, announced the details of the 2014 Independence Day Fireworks event, which was made possible as a result of generous corporate support. The City raised over $90,000 in donations from corporations including Garden Homes Management, RMS Companies, BLT, and F.D. Rich Company.
“Several great corporate citizens responded to the call to assist in providing what will be a spectacular display, and I want to thank them for making this possible. It is public-private partnerships such as this that are a testament to the strength of our community. The fireworks show is one of the City’s signature events of the year and I am pleased to announce the details today,” said Mayor Martin.
A final list of corporate sponsors will be released as soon as it becomes available.
The Mayor also said that due to the unprecedented level of corporate support, the City will be able to fund the costs of both the pyrotechnics and a majority of City overtime costs, and plans to extend the length of the show to be approximately 25 minutes. The fireworks show will be put on by Bay Fireworks. Entertainment will be provided by DJ More than Music.
“This is a great team effort by the City staff and a wonderful free event for the residents of Stamford to enjoy and celebrate our nation’s independence. We’re looking forward to an exciting and safe event,” said Laurie Albano, Superintendent of Recreation for the City of Stamford.
WHEN: Thursday, July 3, 2014 (Rain date of July 5, 2014)
6:00 p.m. entertainment begins
9:00 p.m. fireworks display
WHERE: Cummings Park
· No parking either side of Shippan Ave. from Wallace St. to the Magee Ave. intersection as of 3 P.M.
· No parking on the left side of Iroquois, Wampanaw & Rippowam Rd. as of 3 P.M.
· No parking on the south side of Myrtle Ave. from the intersection with Elm St. to #162 Myrtle as of 3 P.M.
· At 8 P.M. the intersection of Shippan/Magee will be closed to southbound traffic. Resident only access at that time. At 8:30 P.M. Magee Ave. will be closed to traffic.
· At 9 P.M. ,Shippan Ave. from Wallace St. north will become one way northbound only (2 lanes). Magee Ave. will be one way northbound only (2 lanes).
After the Show
· Traffic exiting Shippan Point will be directed north onto Magee Ave. and west onto Jefferson (Urban Transitway) for access to Canal St., Atlantic St. Washington Blvd., I-95.
· Traffic exiting Cummings Park via Shippan Ave. will be directed north onto Shippan Ave to access Elm St., Myrtle Ave, I-95, E. Main St.
· Traffic exiting Cummings Park via Soundview Ave. will utilize Soundview Ave or Willowbrook Ave to Cove Rd.
· Foot traffic at Cummings Park will be released first, followed by vehicles.