STAMFORD, CT - Stamford Mayor Michael A. Pavia announced that the City of Stamford is contemplating the replacement of the Cedar Heights Road Bridge over the Rippowam River and the Riverbank Road Bridge over the Mianus River, located approximately 0.4 miles north of June Road, provided the funds are appropriated for these projects. The bridge replacement projects are eligible to receive federal funds under the Federal Local Bridge Program administered by the Connecticut Department of Transportation.
If undertaken, the project design would be expected to begin in mid-2013 with construction likely to commence in 2017.
Mayor Pavia points out that local and state policy encourages early information to citizens on such projects and encourages people to raise any concerns with municipal officials early in the planning process. Persons wanting additional information should contact Louis Casolo, Jr., P.E., City Engineer at 203-977-5796 (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) or Paul Ginotti, P.E. at 203-977-4856 (e-mail: email@example.com). As the project progresses, updates and notifications can be found on the City of Stamford’s website at http://www.stamfordct.gov/engineering-department.
The cost of the bridge replacements would receive 80% reimbursement from federal aid, with the remaining 20% paid from municipal funds.
The federal aid for the project was authorized under the Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU) administered by the Federal Highway Administration and the Connecticut Department of Transportation.