Media Kit
Talk to us

News : Sports : Hockey Dec 8, 2013 - 7:40:59 AM

Sound Tigers double up on the Bears

By Sound Tigers

Font size: Small Big
Email this article
 Printer friendly page
Share this article:
facebook Yahoo! MyWeb Digg reddit Furl Blinklist Spurl
Buy the "As seen on" mug
BRIDGEPORT, CT - The Bridgeport Sound Tigers earned their fourth straight victory Saturday night, defeating the Hershey Bears by a score of 4-2. Anders Lee had two goals, including the eventual game-winner, while Ryan Strome (one goal, three assists) factored on each Sound Tigers scoring play. Kenny Reiter stopped 25 saves and earned his fifth win of the season. The Sound Tigers went 3-for-6 on the power play and are now 8-8-1-3 on the season.

Hershey scored the first goal of the game less than five minutes in as the Bears took advantage on the power play. Peter LeBlanc took a shot that got blocked and the puck came right to David Kolomatis. Kolomatis powered it in from the bottom of the left circle to make it a 1-0 Hershey lead.

The Sound Tigers were called for six penalties in the opening 13 minutes of the game, but managed to kill off all but one. Reiter kept the team in the game with a few saves before the Sound Tigers evened the score in the final minute of the period. Strome whistled a slap shot wide, but the rebound kicked off the end boards for Jon Sim, who tucked it home from the side of the goal to tie the score at one.

Lee’s goals were just over six minutes apart, and both came on nearly identical plays. With the Sound Tigers on a power play, Strome took a shot that was stopped by Bears goaltender David Leggio. Lee, however, used his big frame to gain good body position and scored on the rebound. His first goal was at 7:24 of the second, followed by another at 13:48, which gave the Sound Tigers a 3-1 lead.

As time wound down in the third period, the Sound Tigers still led 3-1, but the Bears drew to within one with less than four minutes to play. Jamie Johnson came streaking into the zone on the right wing and fired a shot that beat Reiter glove side.

With a minute left to play, Hershey pulled their goalie in favor of the extra attacker, but Strome pounced on a loose puck in the Bears zone and fired it into the empty net as time expired to give the Sound Tigers the 4-2 win.

The Sound Tigers are back in action Tuesday morning with their annual Cool Fun 101 game. They’ll take on the Albany Devils at 11 a.m. at Webster Bank Arena.

© Copyright by Some articles and pictures posted on our website, as indicated by their bylines, were submitted as press releases and do not necessarily reflect the position and opinion of, Stamford Plus magazine, Canaiden LLC or any of its associated entities. Articles may have been edited for brevity and grammar. Photos without a credit line are "contributed photos".

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Note: We reserve the right to delete posts at any time if we decide that they are offensive or distasteful.
STAR Walk, Roll & Stroll Includes Day at the Ballpark on May 4
Bluefish resign Winston Abreu
CL&P Launches Home Energy Reports Program
CT's first national register building opens the door to Hartford's future
CT ready for opening of fishing season

Top of Page
 is part of the Canaiden Online Media Network.
Stamford Plus Online | Norwalk Plus Online | | Best of Norwalk | Best of Stamford | Hauterfly Magazine |

Copyright ©2005-2010 Canaiden,LLC All Rights Reserved.