Former Stamford Mayor Dan Malloy won the vote at the Democratic State Convention in Hartford, CT for his nomination for Governor of Connecticut.
"We can build a new Connecticut," said Malloy.
A vote at the convention does not necessarily mean that there will not be primary elections this August. The other frontrunner in the gubernatorial race on the democratic side is Greenwich Businessman Ned Lamont.
Stay tuned to both conventions as events there unfold, follow our twitter reports at www.twitter.com/connecticutplus.
© Copyright by StamfordPlus.com. Some articles and pictures posted on our website, as indicated by their bylines, were submitted as press releases and do not necessarily reflect the position and opinion of StamfordPlus.com, Stamford Plus magazine, Canaiden LLC or any of its associated entities. Articles may have been edited for brevity and grammar.
Possibly related or similar articles:
- Secretary Merrill Honors Bridgeport City Councilor Reverend Mary Lee on 50th Anniversary of Signing of Voting Rights Act Aug 9, 2015 - 10:24:10 AM
- Get In the Mood for the World Famous Glenn Miller Orchestra at The Ridgefield Playhouse on Saturday, July 11 Jun 12, 2015 - 3:47:42 PM
- The Human Services Council Gears Up for the Seventh Annual SoNo Stroll Benefit Jun 1, 2015 - 5:55:06 AM
- Join Jim Calkins, Executive Chef/Owner of Seasonal Catering, Derby for a Taste of Spring Growing In Your Garden May 7, 2015 - 5:38:14 AM
- QU Poll: Americans back Iran deal, oppose faith exclusion to serve gays Apr 27, 2015 - 7:26:59 AM
Note: We reserve the right to delete posts at any time if we decide that they are offensive or distasteful.
Top of Page