Former Stamford Mayor Dan Malloy won the vote at the Democratic State Convention in Hartford, CT for his nomination for Governor of Connecticut.
"We can build a new Connecticut," said Malloy.
A vote at the convention does not necessarily mean that there will not be primary elections this August. The other frontrunner in the gubernatorial race on the democratic side is Greenwich Businessman Ned Lamont.
Stay tuned to both conventions as events there unfold, follow our twitter reports at www.twitter.com/connecticutplus.
© Copyright by StamfordPlus.com. Some articles and pictures posted on our website, as indicated by their bylines, were submitted as press releases and do not necessarily reflect the position and opinion of StamfordPlus.com, Stamford Plus magazine, Canaiden LLC or any of its associated entities. Articles may have been edited for brevity and grammar.
Possibly related or similar articles:
- Ten/Forty: Collecting American Art at the Florence Griswold Museum Feb 2, 2016 - 12:51:35 AM
- 14th Annual STAR Gala Raises $350,000 For Neighbors with Developmental Disabilities in Fairfield County Nov 23, 2015 - 5:23:22 AM
- Treetops Chamber Music Society Features Three Young Ensembles in One Electrifying Concert Oct 15, 2015 - 3:43:49 AM
- Wildly Popular Brew at the Zoo to Benefit Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo Oct 6, 2015 - 5:44:42 AM
- Picture That Completes Major Art Consulting Project For Sacred Heart University’s New Frank and Marisa Martire Business & Communications Center Oct 5, 2015 - 5:17:09 AM
Note: We reserve the right to delete posts at any time if we decide that they are offensive or distasteful.
Top of Page