Former Stamford Mayor Dan Malloy won the vote at the Democratic State Convention in Hartford, CT for his nomination for Governor of Connecticut.
"We can build a new Connecticut," said Malloy.
A vote at the convention does not necessarily mean that there will not be primary elections this August. The other frontrunner in the gubernatorial race on the democratic side is Greenwich Businessman Ned Lamont.
Stay tuned to both conventions as events there unfold, follow our twitter reports at www.twitter.com/connecticutplus.
© Copyright by StamfordPlus.com. Some articles and pictures posted on our website, as indicated by their bylines, were submitted as press releases and do not necessarily reflect the position and opinion of StamfordPlus.com, Stamford Plus magazine, Canaiden LLC or any of its associated entities. Articles may have been edited for brevity and grammar.
Possibly related or similar articles:
- New Milford Hospital Hosts Photographic Exhibit Titled Selections From The 50 Women Project Apr 8, 2016 - 5:25:14 AM
- Wesleyan University's Center for the Arts and Music Department present Wu Man and the Shanghai Quartet Mar 25, 2016 - 3:38:21 PM
- Migratory Bird Hunting Season Regulations Meeting Will take place at Cabela’s in East Hartford Mar 22, 2016 - 3:15:19 AM
- Princeton Review ranks Quinnipiac University as Connecticut’s best for studying game design Mar 16, 2016 - 9:42:49 AM
- Ten/Forty: Collecting American Art at the Florence Griswold Museum Feb 2, 2016 - 12:51:35 AM
Note: We reserve the right to delete posts at any time if we decide that they are offensive or distasteful.
Top of Page