Former Stamford Mayor Dan Malloy won the vote at the Democratic State Convention in Hartford, CT for his nomination for Governor of Connecticut.
"We can build a new Connecticut," said Malloy.
A vote at the convention does not necessarily mean that there will not be primary elections this August. The other frontrunner in the gubernatorial race on the democratic side is Greenwich Businessman Ned Lamont.
Stay tuned to both conventions as events there unfold, follow our twitter reports at www.twitter.com/connecticutplus.
© Copyright by StamfordPlus.com. Some articles and pictures posted on our website, as indicated by their bylines, were submitted as press releases and do not necessarily reflect the position and opinion of StamfordPlus.com, Stamford Plus magazine, Canaiden LLC or any of its associated entities. Articles may have been edited for brevity and grammar.
Possibly related or similar articles:
- 12th Annual STAR Gala Receives Tremendous Community Support, Raising a Record-breaking $310,000 for Individuals with Disabilities Nov 18, 2013 - 4:57:01 AM
- Governor Malloy, Secretary Merrill Remind Eligible Voters that Election Day Registration is Now Available in 2013 Nov 1, 2013 - 5:38:15 PM
- Murtha Cullina Attorney Keith S. Varian Named 2013 New Leader in the Law Oct 29, 2013 - 2:57:49 PM
- Merrill Reminds Voters of Upcoming Registration Deadlines Oct 22, 2013 - 6:26:53 AM
- Merrill Announces Absentee Ballots Available for November 5th Municipal Elections Oct 8, 2013 - 5:33:56 PM
Note: We reserve the right to delete posts at any time if we decide that they are offensive or distasteful.
Top of Page