WETHERSFIELD, CT - The Department of Motor Vehicles will be closed tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday, which is a legal state holiday marking Lincoln’s Birthday. The Department will re-open for business at 7:45 a.m. on Wednesday. Customers should read the following:
· AAA Offices. They will be open for processing license renewals Monday and Tuesday. Avon - 70 East Main Street; Cromwell - 34 Shunpike Road; Enfield - 109 Elm Street; Manchester - 1500 G Pleasant Valley Road; Old Saybrook - 210 Main Street; Plainville - 17 Farmington Avenue; Waterford - 117 Boston Post Road; and West Hartford - 815 Farmington Avenue will be open regular hours. Anyone with questions can call 800-842-4320.
Customers planning to visit the following offices - Branford - 143 Cedar Street; Danbury - 93 Lake Avenue; Hamden - Worth Avenue; Milford - 827 Bridgeport Avenue; Stamford - 1101 High Ridge Road; Waterbury - 720 Wolcott Street; Westport - 419 Post Road East, can call 800-222-4357 with any questions.
· Extensions. DMV has extended until further notice the expirations for licenses, permits, registrations and other time-sensitive requirements. DMV will review the length of that extension period and have an announcement about the deadline.
· Emissions. Customers seeking an emissions test should check Monday on which test stations are open. A list of test stations can be found at ctemissions.com
· Scheduled Hearings. Residents who have scheduled hearings Monday at the Department of Motor Vehicles should call Wednesday to reschedule them. Those with hearings scheduled for Monday should call the DMV Administrative Hearings Unit later in the week at (860) 263-5204 to reschedule their hearing.
· Road and Learner’s Permit Tests. DMV offices statewide were closed Friday and Saturday. Customers with cancelled road test appointments or Cheshire office learner's permit tests can reschedule by calling the DMV Phone Center when offices reopen Wednesday
For information regarding DMV operations, please visit ct.gov/dmv. The DMV Phone Center can be reached at 860-263-5700 (within Hartford area or outside of Connecticut) and 800-842-8222 (elsewhere in Connecticut).
Through the website and phone center pre-recorded information, customers can find specific details 24 hours a day on a non-driver identification, change of address and change of name. In addition, they have details regarding vehicle tax questions, records information, forms, emissions, inspections, operator’s licenses, titles and registrations and directions to DMV branch offices and photo license centers. They also supply details on boating registrations, commercial vehicle safety, and instructions on how to file a complaint against a dealer or repairer.